Monday, October 10, 2011

The beginning

So I'm new to this blogging thing but I thought I would try it out. So to begin I bought a 2006 BMW R1200GS. Yes BMW makes motorcycle too. The GS was made for everything. It is the only bike that will make it around the world and will take the abuse like no other. In simple words I tell people its a dirt bike on steroids. The purpose behind the bike is to travel all over and go where you normally wouldn't go. Within the first month I have put over 3000 miles on it. purchased with 8500 miles in july and now Oct. 10 has 13K. I have made a few trips already that I won't blog about. I may post a few photo's if i fiqure out how but I will be posting new blogs with miles dates and locations of where I travel. If you have any locations, coffee shops, roads or places I should visit feel free to pass it along.
Day 1 after bringing the bike home

Not me just a cool photo


at the dealer picking her up

Outer banks taking the ferry to the main land from Oakacoke island

Weekend trip Raleigh NC to Savannah GA, then Charleston SC, Mrytle beach SC
then home. 

NC mountains 9am

Blue Ridge Parkway. it was cold and raining

Meet a fellow rider Blue Ridge Parkway
Red bike came from England. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lost Rider

    I really like your bike and blog. Do you happen to have any pictures or info about how you mounted the pelican case behind the tag and the fuel bottle on the side?

    Thanks
    DW

    ReplyDelete