Sunday, August 4, 2013

24k service 6-13-13

Its crazy I'm already due for a 24k service already. I bought the bike with 10k on the clock back in December of 2012. I guess you could say I really like this bike. So for this service I did the normal 24k service but I also did a few extras. For the service here's the list.
  • plugs
  • all fluids (oil diff and trans.
  • checked brakes. Back brakes were getting low. Bought new rear pads and installed 8-4-13
  • adjusted valves and checked rockers. only right side intake was out of spec but not by much.
  • adjust throttle body with Twin-max.
  • checked the alternator belt. belt looked to be in good condition. Decided not to replace and keep new belt as spare.
  • Checked tires.
  • and a thorough inspection of everything else.  

As for the extra stuff. I had two aux plugs installed at the dealer. But me being me. I didn't like the wiring. So I removed the plastic and the tank completely off. re-ran the wires for the 2 aux ports and the GPS. I ran the wires along the factory harness and put it in a protective sleeve. Now it looks as if it was factory and no rubbing. Installed the Fuse block finally.  Also modified the seat to allow extra room under the seat.

 

lubing the splines and inspecting the driveshaft.



Remove the tank and it doesn't look like such a big bike anymore.

Adding the fuse block

Perfect fit

Seat mod to allow room for tools and new fuse block under seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment