Thursday, April 25, 2013

4-21-13 Riding the back roads of Virginia

So on Saturday I got bored and really wanted to go for a ride. But I had to get my services done. So I stayed up late and went over the bike. Changed the oil, Adjusted Valves, checked things over. Was going to change the FD fluid but when I went to grab the fluid I was out. So the FD will have to wait. Come Sunday morning I woke up bright and early and hit the road. Oh did I mention I was to eager to try out my new GPS. Just throwing a route together last minute just taking as many back roads as I could I'm off. Ended up near Lexington VA. Where I found a place called "The Natural Bridge". Which is a naturally made bridge. Your see in the picture below. Kinda cool actually. While I was there I also took a tour of the caverns that go 34 stories deep. I'm sure it goes deeper but we weren't allowed. I was going to do a ZOO safari but motorcycles aren't allowed. From what they say. The water hippo's don't like them. As I'm riding around. I came across Foamhenge. Kinda cool but different. I guess if we can't travel overseas then we'll make our own cheap version in the states ha ha. Well here are some photo's I'm tired of typing.

FoamHenge in VA. Just south of Lexington VA. 

Such a great View

Back roads in VA somewhere

The long lonely Highway


Back roads of VA




Took a dirt road off the Blue Ridge Parkway. 


Back roads off the Blue Ridge Parkway

Natural Bridge VA

FoamHenge VA




The Mystery hole

Natural Bridge Caverns



No comments:

Post a Comment